I did it. Today I challenged my anorexia for the first proper time. Maybe it isn’t big to others because it was still a small latte with skimmed milk and no cream BUT it’s such a huge fear to have something that isn’t ‘suggested’ on my meal plan. I sat in costa with my mum and actually enjoyed being out with her and doing a NORMAL thing. I struggled at the half way point and very nearly started crying but I held it together and with the support from my mum I finished it all. Sure I feel guilty as hell and have done since I started it but most other girls my age don’t even think twice about having a festive drink with their parents. Plus the look on my mums face when I took the first sip was something I’ll never forget. So fuck you anorexia… fuck you very much.
Aw this is still being reblogged
I’ve done this with my mum like another 3-4 time since this picture and despite the guilt… I’m proud for conquering thisYou go hun! I am so proud of you
Think Anorexia is funny? Sorry. I am a survivor and find NOTHING cute about this.
Wanna dress up like an Anorexic? All it takes is:
- 4 years of hospitalization
- A nasogastric feeding-tube because you’ve starved yourself so much that your body doesn’t recognize food as a good thing and tries to attack itself.
- Re-Feeding Syndrome, which can kill you.
- Emotional struggles for years.
- A father crying and pleading on his knees begging for you to get help
- A mother who cries every time she sees you because you look and SMELL like death.
- Holidays missed, birthdays crying in a hospital.
- Almost every major organ in your body failing.
- A shower chair - because you can’t stand in the shower because you’re too weak and the warm water could make you pass out.
- A wheelchair, because you are too weak to walk and it could make you go into cardiac arrest.
- A lifetime of medications for anxiety and the health issues “Anna Rexia” caused.
- Plenty of money for multiple ER trips due to “Anna Rexia” even in recovery.
- And if you don’t get help like I do, or even if you do, a coffin. Because I’ve lost more friends to this eating disorder then anything I’ve ever faced.
I almost died from this. I know it’s supposed to be funny and shit and yeah I get that, but seriously. THIS IS NOT FUNNY. Anorexia is nothing to party about or laugh at. It’s real, it’s deadly, and should not be marketed as a slutty outfit.
Want to dress as “Anna Rexia”? Just go as a Vampire, or a Zombie. Because 1/3 of us are dead.
This is powerful and needs to be reblogged. Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa should NEVER be made fun of.
Real sickness. Real people.
Article I read recently. READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH! If you want a stupid thigh gap and don’t have a slightly splayed pelvis you have to get so malnourished that your body starts eating its own muscle. why on earth would you want that?!
i seriously needed this article. I need to remember this in my mind, the reason i had one was because i was malnourished and now i am strong. Fuck thigh gaps man.
Health over trying to please people who wish such wacked ideas of beauty apon others.